Hi! Daisy here!
Oh boy, it’s been 2 weeks since I’ve been able to get on the computer! Time flies when you’re having fun! Well, lets see what I can tell you.
- Hmmmm, I’ve been a good girl, but that’s a given…
- We went to the dog park – awesome. It was just Lacy and I, so we could do whatever we wanted. We sniffed a bit, did our jobs, and then went and stood at the gate. FM thought since we had driven all the way across town, that we should take advantage of it and stay awhile. So, she ran with us around the perimeter of the park (what a sight!), and after that, we had lots of fun playing. We especially liked the parts of the park that were nice and muddy.
- My other ride in the car was to the vet’s office. FM took me because one day, I asked to go out ALL the time. Then, that night, I wet the bed!! How embarrassing… Me, Daisy!! I couldn’t believe it. But, FM suspected a urinary tract infection, and yes, that was my problem. I have pills for 14 days, but it only took a couple to make me feel as good as new!
- I have attended obedience class again too. I did pretty well, but there was this big poodle. She and I just decided that we didn’t want to sit this week – thought it was dumb. We both made our foster moms push our butts down before we would sit – ha, ha. Everybody knows I know how to sit because I really showed him or her last time. So, I didn’t need to do it this week. This week, I really impressed them with my “down”. Boy, was I awesome. FM would say down, and in a snap, I was down – impressive, huh?? And stay, FM could even let go of the leash and I would stay. Piece of cake!!
- I get lots of practice at home. FM makes me sit all the time!! Like before I can go outside. Golly, gee…I used to barge to the door and hang out so close to the door that FM couldn’t even get it open. Now, she says “backup”, and I back up, then she says sit, and I sit (sometimes I wait her out – maybe she doesn’t really mean it?? – nope, she does. I found out that she can outwait me. I want to go out!). Then, she says, “stay”, she opens the door to the garage, and gets the leash. Guess what?? I stay! Yep, I don’t bolt out the door anymore. (FM is VERY impressed with this!!). Then, I stand up, but she makes me sit again to put the leash on – boy, if I didn’t like her so much, I’d get really tired of this routine! But, then we get to walk, and I really love that! FM is very nice about taking us for lots of walks. I hear FM grumbling about how cold it is now, but I think it’s perfect! But, because she is so nice, sometimes I do my job right away now, and don’t need to go on a full-fledged walk each time we go out anymore. She says “Good potty, Daisy. That’s a really good girl”. (How can I resist that??) And, get this…FD always takes us out about 9 pm and did I ever impress him last night – I went potty before we even left our yard! Whoa, will wonders never cease!!
- RAGOM had a doggie orthopedic surgeon looks at my hip x-rays – yep, I have hip dysplasia, but I knew that. But I don’t need surgery. Since I am not lame, I can just continue with exercise and weight loss. And, I am so good at both!!
- Hey, hey hey. Weigh in today…. down another pound – 103 pounds. That’s 9 pounds in 5 weeks! Psst…here’s my secret. Of course, the thyroid pills and walking help, but I am also eating green beans. I LOVE green beans!! I get less of that old kibble, and I get ½ can of delicious green beans with by breakfast and another ½ can with my supper. FM offers me baby carrots too, but Yuk. Can’t see how Lacy gets so excited about them! Lacy and I also get little apples pieces. I only like them if FM tosses them and I catch them. FM can’t believe what a good catch I am. I pretend that I’m not paying attention, and at the last second I grab them out of the air – even if she has a bad toss, I catch them!! So cute…
- I am now taking my thyroid pills, my urinary tract infection pills, and Glucosomine, Chondrotin, MSM pills (for “joint health”). The more, the better, I think, because FM dips them in (reduced fat) peanut butter – Yum!
Pretty girl waiting for her pills & beans
Mmmmm….pills dipped in peanut butter
I LOVE those green beans!!!