mediaragom [dot] org
It’s Big, It’s Hairy, It’s Goldzilla, Where 600 Golden Retrievers Gather to Celebrate Retrieve a Golden of Minnesota (RAGOM)
Minneapolis, MN (September 11, 2016)
RAGOM will host media (photo and video availability) to meet beloved golden retrievers, including those from Turkey, who attend one of the largest Golden Retriever events in the country. The Goldzilla Golden Retriever Fun Fair and Walk for Rescue raises awareness and support for RAGOM.
Media can interview rescue leaders who can tell stories of rescues and new life with loving families. Media will receive an update on the Goldens rescued this past year from Turkey.
The event also thanks the more than 330 volunteers who support RAGOM and resulted in 298 rescued goldens and 116 spaying and neutering.
- Meet 600 beautiful golden retrievers; 20 rescued from Turkey.
- Meet Winnie, a former street dog from Turkey, who now as a forever home.
- Meet Durango surrendered to RAGOM who received overwhelming love and donations from supporters to save his leg that needed surgery due to from multiple fractures in his growth plate.
- Video and photo more than 1100 volunteers who rescue, foster, adopt, and support RAGOM as walk to raise funds.
- Interview Patty Larson: Turkey rescue team leader, foster, member - board of directors, RAGOM.
- Talk to Emel Ucuncuoglu Tekin who was our contact in Turkey and instrumental in rescuing of dogs from streets and shelters in Turkey.
- Ask Stephanie Perri, volunteer, what RAGOM means to her.
Sunday, September 11, 2016
8:30 AM to 2:00 PM
Long Lake Regional Park, New Brighton, MN 55112
RAGOM is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that began as Retrieve a Golden of Minnesota in 1985, with one homeless Golden Retriever in a shelter whose time was up. RAGOM's founder, Jane Nygaard had her spayed and vaccinated and found her a loving forever home. Since then, countless volunteers and generous donors have stepped up with the energy, selflessness, love, and funds to rescue and rehome more than 8,500 Golden Retrievers and Golden Retriever mixes.
In 2017, RAGOM adopted a new name—Retrieve a Golden of the Midwest—to reflect our dedication to expand our rescue efforts from our original home state of Minnesota to include Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, and western Wisconsin.