The Treasurer is the officer assigned the primary responsibility of overseeing the management and reporting of an organization's finances. The Treasurer is ultimately responsible for the finances of the corporation. The Treasurer is an Officer that may attend Board meetings, but is not a Director and does not vote.
- Assists the Board Chair and Finance Manager in preparing the annual budget, and presenting the budget to the Board for approval.
- Monitors the budget.
- Oversees development and observation of the organization's financial policies
- Keeps the Board regularly informed of key financial events, trends, concerns, and assessment of fiscal health.
- Prepares any required financial reporting forms.
- Oversees all bank accounts.
- Oversees all bank accounts and ensures that (a) all money, drafts, and checks in the name of and to the credit of the corporation are properly endorsed and deposited in the banks and depositories designated by the Board; and (b) corporate funds are disbursed by the issuance of checks and drafts in the name of the corporation, as ordered by the Board.
- The Finance Manager reports to the Treasurer.
- Financial knowledge of the organization.
- Understanding of financial accounting for nonprofit organizations.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Strong analytic skills.
- Individual filling this position must be bonded.
Interested? Please complete a Volunteer Application or email volunteerinforagom [dot] org for more information.