Potential adoptive families must agree to the following conditions:
- The family has not adopted another dog within the past six months.
- There are no unaltered dogs in the home, unless they are used as part of a reputable breeding operation or for show, and appropriate measures will be taken to guard against unwanted pregnancy.
- The adopted dog will be kept in the home when the family is sleeping or away from home. RAGOM does not allow dogs to be kept outdoors or in a garage while the family is sleeping or away from home.
- There is no outdoor kennel on the family's property.
- There is no doggy door that provides unsupervised outdoor access.
- The family does not use aversive training methods such as shock collars and prong collars.
- The dog's primary home will not be a nursing home or group home. RAGOM will adopt to an employee of a facility if the dog is a family member that goes to work and returns home with the employee at the end of their work shift.
RAGOM’s adoption territory includes:
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
- Western Wisconsin (within 75 miles of the Minnesota border)
If you are located outside these areas, please apply with your local rescue! Our leadership team will consider exceptions on a case-by-case basis, but only for hard-to-adopt dogs, or those that have been in our care for 60 days or longer. Potential out-of-territory applicants should email email@example.com before completing an Inquiry Form.
If you do not have Internet access, call our general information line at 952-946-8070 and leave a message. Note that we are an all-volunteer organization and most RAGOM volunteers have full-time jobs, families and dogs of their own. We do our best to respond to all requests in a timely manner.