Danny Boy when he first came to RAGOM
Look at me now, I am Gentleman George
I would like to tell you a little bit about myself. I was born on June 4, 2009 so I am 8 years old. At my health check they said my bloodwork looked good, I have no tick borne diseases, heartworm free, but my thyroid levels were low. I now take one pill at breakfast and one pill at dinner to correct this little problem. I also have medication that I take for seizures. It must be doing its job because I have not had any since I have started on the Phenobarbital. The best part of all this is that they are wrapped in a tasty treat and I gobble them up!
I have learned many new things since I have moved in with my foster family:
My foster brother Maksymillian teaching me how to sleep with a pillow
To enjoy going to Chuck & Don’s and getting to pick out a treat
To play with toys and wear bunny ears
Spending time outside with foster sister Tallulah Mae and liking it
Car rides with in the van my foster brother & sister who take up a lot of room
Photobombing foster brother Harley Kitty who must think he is cuter than I am
I get along with everybody - people, other dogs, puppies and even those 4 legged creatures called cats. Once I am in the car, I love going for rides and looking out the window. I am housetrained and will go to the door to let you know I need to go potty. We have had storms, thunder, lightning and fireworks and I am OK with them. I have free roam of the house.
Buddies George and Beaux (Duke 08-100)
Cal 17-105 and Georgie waiting for treats
Foster brother Maksy taught me well and I do not even have to share my pillow with my foster grandparents Great Pyrenes Olivia
Here I am just chillin’ with some of my friends from RAGOM
George and sleep over pal Simon 17-145 meeting a new friend – 10 week old neighbor Henlie and her dad
Being brave with new experiences
Sharing my space with a mini me kitty, foster brother Baron Von Buttons
I also want you to know that I walk well on a leash. I do not pull, in fact I like to walk right next to my humans most of the time. I do not chase squirrels or bunnies and greet people and other dogs on our walks with grace and good manners.
There are some things that my FD and FM want you to know:
- I need to have another confident medium or large sized dog as part of my new family.
- I do not like to be in a crate/kennel. It reminds me too much of my past life.
- I do chew and destuff toys, so I need have supervision when playing with them.
- I can have nyla-bones and antlers and other non-destroyable toys around all the time. I do not resource guard with humans or other animals with my toys or food.
- I love my soft doggie beds to sleep and lay on.
- I adore just about any kind of food - everything from kibble to veggies and fruit. Being a picky eater would not be words you would describe me with. I also want you to know that I haven’t met a treat I didn’t like and take them very nicely.
- I respect baby gates if there is somewhere you do not want me to go.
- I really like to be brushed and pampered.
- They tell me I snore very loudly.
- I still need to lose a few pounds so my new family needs to be committed to my continued weight loss along with knowing that I will be on thyroid and seizure medication the rest of my life.
- The cost of my daily medications are approximately
* Phenobarbital (100mg 2X/day) is $30 per month
* Thyro-Tabs Canine (0.8mg 2X/day) is $35 for 2 month supply
* Once a month I take Nexgard for tick/flea protection(about $100 for 6 months) and Heartguard Plus for Heartworm protection (about $85 for 6 months)
So, if you are looking for a sweet, gentle, sometimes silly sometime serious always happy dog, that would be me; Gentleman George!
If you think that Georgie would be a good fit in your home, please submit an “Inquiry for Application form. If you have already filled out and “Inquiry for Application” form, please send an e-mail to applicationragom [dot] org with the dog’s name, RAGOM number, the name you submitted the Inquiry for Application form under and a sentence or two why you feel you would be a good match.