As a RAGOM foster, we are happy to open our home to Mr. Truman- the biggest furball around. Truman is a beautiful 76lb boy (who looks heavier than he is because of all the fur) with an absolutely GORGEOUS coat. His SO took very good care of him and made sure he had regular groomings, he had a standing appointment on the 1st monday of every month at the groomers! We think he looks like Aslan the lion from the Narnia movies.
At 6 years old (DOB 12/1/03) this gentle giant is looking for his 3rd and final home- he was surrendered because his owners are retired and moving down south and thought he would be happier a family with kids and I couldn't agree more. Truman absolutley LOVES kids and kids seem to love him. My 2 year old niece lives with me and she screams with delight when she gets him to chase her around the house.
Things we have learned about Tru:
- He likes to sleep in our room or on our bed
- Tru respects baby gates and is crate trained however does not need to stay in a crate. He gets free roam of the house without issue.
- Truman would like a home with children
- He has met the neighbor cat and he just sniffed him but when he saw him again, he barked. If he had not been on a leash, I'm not sure what he would have done. I'm told by his SO that does chase squirrels.
- He would do best in a home where he is an only dog. He gets along well with my dogs as long as he does not have a toy; if he is playing with a toy and they walk by, he gets pretty snarky. TRUMAN ONLY EXHIBITS THIS BEHAVIOR TOWARDS OTHER DOGS! Humans, including small children can take ANYTHING away from him, he just doesn't like it when other dogs are near him when he has toys. He will NOT try to take toys from other dogs and he does not resource guard food, only toys. I think the right owner could train him to share. On the good side, this IS his only bad trait. I've attached a photo where oddly enough, he is playing a friendly game of tug with resident dog, Sophie (this is why I think he could be trained).
- House trained, absolutely no accidents since he's been here.
Truman has been to the vet and left with no worries, just a suggestion to lose about 8-10 pounds. In the short time Tru has been with us, he has meet many people and melted a lot of hearts as he is just soooo affectionate. He will lean into you for lots of love or if you sit on the floor, he will come and lay down next to you and put his head in your lap...too cute!