Interview prospective adoptive families in their homes and provide education as needed. Volunteers must be accompanied by a spayed/neutered dog that is comfortable meeting new people. Home visit interviews generally take 1 – 2 hours plus drive time. Volunteers should expect to spend another 1 – 2 hours writing a detailed report and entering it into the RAGOM database within 48 hours of the home visit. Training will be provided. Time commitment: 3 – 5 hours per home visit, at your convenience. For detailed information and Home Visit FAQs, visit the Home Visit Volunteer page.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Competent computer skills
- Observant, detail-oriented, and thorough
- Friendly, engaging, and welcoming personality
- Comfortable discussing potential issues that arise
- Ability to remain objective and open