November 27, 2012
Please welcome Bo 12-378 to RAGOM! Bo is a young guy but thick, big and powerful. He came to Ragom from a farm where he was an escape artist so we keep him close and back out of our front door. Bo will need work on his walking as right now he drags Foster Mom and Dad across the yard, we are going to try him on a gentle leader and see how he does.
Here is what we know about Bo so far:
- He gets along with cats. He is interested and will chase a little but will not harm the cats he just wants to sniff.
- He has very dry skin. Starting to use fish oil in his food today and took him to get an oatmeal bath today, hopefully this will help.
- It would be best for him to have a fenced in yard with a high fence, he would be ok with a family who will walk him a lot but he should not be tied outside without a fence.
- He knows some, he will drop something when you ask, he knows come and stay.
- He does not jump on people but will jump up next to you if you are walking around and he wants attention.
- He is not quite house broken, so will need training for that.
- He has not been cage trained and wants to avoid it, right now we are keeping him closed in the bedroom with us at night.
- He LOVES to chew so keeping anything soft off the floor is a must.
- We suggest no small children in the house as he will knock them over. He does not know how big he is and how strong he can be.
He is quite a loveable dog and wants to be around his people all the time.