|In addition to LOVE this dog has the following requirements:|
|Entered Foster Care ||Fence ||Kid Friendly ||Another Dog ||Cat Friendly|
|8/24/2014 ||Yes, physical fence||Age 10+ ||Optional||Not tested; previous records indicate OK|
|This is the most recent information available; however, it may change as we learn more about the dog.|
Hi! My name is Huck 14-222 (aka Huckleberry, aka Pyro). Foster Mom wrote an introduction for me, but when she let me read it, I found it BORING! She went on and on about all kinds of stuff that was true, but really was TMI. So I asked if she would let me do this one my way since this is MY page after all. So here are the highlights about ME!
Facts about me that you really need to know:
- I am adorable; red hair with blond highlights and black accents. FM is super jealous. My coat is virtually maintenance-free and I don't shed much.
- I am a perfect size for snuggling - 40 lbs of gentle cuteness.
- I am a healthy, young (about 2 year old) boy and athletic. I'm neutered and up to date on my shots.
- I am a little shy at first meeting new people, but warm up fast.
- I like other adult dogs, but FM says I play a little rough. I'm doing OK with both of my foster sibs, though, and they don't really like to play. They've only had to remind me of my manners a couple of times and I listened very well.
- I like toys and bones, but don't get the whole retrieving thing yet. I prefer to just chase my foster sis while she is doing the retrieving stuff.
- I try to hide it, but I've never really been part of a family before and I'm flying by the seat of my pants about how all of this "pet" stuff works. I am curious about new things, but can be pretty sensitive with loud voices and quick movements, so I may not really like living with young kids (or grumpy adults!). I'm picking up a lot of cues from my foster sibs about the spoiled life and I like it a lot.
- I haven't been tested with kids or cats yet, but my records say I am OK with both. We can arrange a test if your house includes either of those critters.
Things that would be AWESOME in my forever home:
- People who love me. I love being with my people and think that "buddy" is the best job ever.
- A fenced yard. Because I love to run around (something FM calls "the zoomies") and because I don't really know my name yet to come when you call every time, a yard would be safest for me. I also don't like to "do business" on leash or in a hurry, so I need a yard for that purpose too.
- Another dog (especially one that plays) would be cool and help me learn the rules, but if you were willing to take me out for plenty of exercise and training and the occasional doggy playdate, I might just be able to handle getting all of the human attention to myself. OK, I would think that was pretty great.
- Patience and help so I can learn how to be a Good Boy. I love being told that I am good and getting a pat on the head. I'm not too into treats yet (I will take one if the other dogs are getting one, but I am cautious about it) and get nervous if you correct me sometimes, so we will have to work together for me to find a way to learn the rules at your house. Speaking of rules - dogs don't get on the furniture or bed here and I pretty much get that, but I would be more than happy to cover your lap or warm up your side of the bed if you wanted me to.
- Going along on adventures. While I am a bit shy, I still like to try new things and get out and about. In the week I have been here, I've been to the lake, on a doggy playdate, and to the store, and thought it was all good.
Speaking of adventures, FM says she is going to try to bring me to a big RAGOM party coming up in a couple of weeks on September 14th. It is called Goldzilla, and it is a place for all doggies to come out and play and for people to meet pups like me that need a home. You can find out more about it here: goldzilla.ragom.org .
So now that you know me, if you want to meet me get in touch with someone FM calls "your placement advisor," and/or come and party with me at Goldzilla! I'm including a couple of pictures so you can see how cute I am, just in case you aren't already in love with me.
Your Future Best Friend,