After 20 months in foster care it appears that Lilly was home all along! She is inseparable from her foster brother Brando and since her foster family just moved she has a huge fenced yard to run in and so far has not jumped the fence! For the rest of her life she can survey her world from her bay window.
|In addition to LOVE this dog has the following requirements:|
|Date Available||Fence||Kid Friendly||Another Dog||Cat Friendly|
|9-8-2015||6 ft required||8 and up||Optional||Dog savvy cats|
|This is the most recent information available; however, it may change as we learn more about the dog.|
Lilly joined RAGOM as a very pregnant Mom-to-be. A Good Samaritan found Lilly out in the country running in and out of a ditch. When she called out to Lilly she jumped into the delivery truck and fell asleep. Lilly was one very exhausted dog. The Good Samaritan took Lilly to a friends home in the country while she looked for Lilly's owner, but no one claimed her. This is when RAGOM happily offered to help Lilly. Lilly gave birth to 8 puppies on 9.18.15. Sadly one was stillborn, but the other 7 puppies are strong and healthy.
While at the Good Samaritans friends home we learned Lilly will catch free roaming chickens and that she can climb a horse gate. At my home she chases my cats so a home without cats would be best. I have a 4 foot chain link fence and and I'm sure she could jump that if she wanted to, but she knows her babies are in the house. A fenced in yard would be best because she likes to chase squirrels and when she does her recall gets lost as she's totally focused on catching the squirrel. Inside my home her recall is good and outside too if she's not busy with something else.
Lilly is probably a Lab/German Shorthaired Pointer mix. She is a petite dog. When she came into RAGOM it looked like she had a previous litter prior to getting pregnant again. She has the most beautiful and expressive eyes. Like most pointers she has energy and is always on the move checking out her environment. She loves to hunt for crickets or grasshoppers in the yard. It's so much fun to watch her jump like a cricket or grasshopper while trying to catch them.
Lilly enjoys meetingnew people and gets along with other dogs. She did fine with my friends 9 year old child. She is house trained and I'm working on teaching her some indoor manners. Lilly does like to stand in front of you and put her paws on your chest. Because she does this it would be best for her to be in a home with children ages 8 and up at this time. Although I do want to note that she has not done this with children. Lilly does pull when being walked with a leash. I think this is because she has places to go, see and smell!!! I am working on this also. She's a very smart girl and will learn fast.
Lilly will be spayed when her puppies are weaned and the vet says it's safe to spay her. She is a great mom!!!
What Lilly would like in her perfect forever home -
- A lap to lay on. Lilly is a lap dog that likes to snuggle with her people.
- Someone that likes to take long walks and will allow her to sniff at all the interesting things to sniff.
- Right now Lilly is spending her nights with her babies, but she would like a nice comfy dog bed next to your bed or be allowed to sleep in bed with you.
- A home that will allow her on the furniture.
- A family that will take her to Obedience class for bonding and learning the finer points of being a well mannered adult dog.
- I mentioned another dog in Lilly's home as being optional. Right now she is living with other dogs and she does like their company and will occasionally play tug with my larger dog.
- A family that will include Lilly in family outings, camping, hiking, vacations, etc.
- A fenced in yard would be nice so Lilly can chase a squirrel, rabbit or just take her time smelling all the areas in her yard.
I'll get to know Lilly more as times goes on as she'll be spending less time with her puppies. I have a feeling she would love swimming in the lake. She has the natural hunting instinct in her background so a family that loves to take in the outdoors/country would be a family Lilly would like.
At a Glance #15-230
|Mixed Breed||4 years old|