I wanted to let everyone know Spot is doing very well with her rehab from her ACL surgery. Even though she is a little out of shape, she is loving her short walks throughout the day. I’m going to open her up to start receiving applications. Please note, she will not be able to go to her furever home until at least the end September or after as her next vet appointment isn’t until September 20th.
- Gets along with all dogs she has met. Really doesn’t want to play – rather be by her people! Very Velcro (she will follow me pretty much throughout the day)
- Sleeps on a blanket in our bedroom
- When a visitor comes to our home – she will go get a favorite toy and take it to them. At times, she will do this when going outside. She has even carried it on our short walks! Funny girl!
- No issue with storms or fireworks
- Has been groomed once while in our care. Groomer said she did great. However, I know when I’ve tried to brush her backend she doesn’t want me to and sits down.
- Since being in our home, I have noticed she is scared of the ironing board! Which who is a fan of that!
- Will bark occasionally. Sometimes she gets excited when you are going for a walk or getting ready to take her out to do her business. And a loud bark she has! However, she has not barked when visitors come.
- She needs a family who will continue to help her with her weight loss. Her ACL surgery has set us back some. She now loves carrots!
- She likes you to accompany her outside when she is supposed to be doing her business. If you don’t, most of the time she will just lay down. Also, she doesn’t mind standing in the rain.
- Goldens shed – a lot! If dog hair on your floor or on you is a concern then she is not for you.
- Never had problems getting out of our vehicle but we have always had to lift her in. Maybe a lot of that was due to her bad knee but I honestly am not sure she will be able to jump in. Time will tell.
- Walks nicely on a leash but be aware she may cut in front of you. She has tripped me up a couple times. She would not be a good candidate as a running partner.
- I do not have a fence requirement for Spot but for her safety it would be great but not a deal breaker. She perks up when she sees a bird and has pulled me to go get them! She is very strong! If you submit an inquiry form, please let me know what you would do to keep her safe if you do not have a fence.
- Please note Spot is being fostered in Waverly Iowa
- She will not be ready to move to her furever home until at least the end of September or after.
Spot is one of the sweetest Goldens we have been around. She truly loves her people and wants to be with you. If you leave the house, she will be waiting by the door until you return. I don’t feel Spot needs another dog in the home to be happy but needs either a family where the parents work from home or someone is home during the day.